Virtual Unit Elections Approved by National
The National OA Director has approved lodges to hold virtual unit elections until further notice. Due to the cancellation of many induction events, candidates that were elected after February 1, 2019 will have 24 months from the date of election to complete their ordeal. This change is in effect until otherwise notified that we will go back to 12 months.
There are no changes to the membership requirements with the exception of the temporary virtual camping policy. The following resources have been put together so that lodges may effectively implement virtual elections.
The following guidelines should be followed in order to conduct virtual unit elections.
- The Lodge and Council leadership must approve their lodge conducting virtual unit elections.
- The unit leader must agree to a virtual election.
- The Lodge Unit election team and the appropriate forms/videos must be able to be presented to unit members. (This assumes the use of some type of online meeting technology.)
- The unit leader should continue to validate those eligible for elections.
- A means to confidentially collect votes for eligible unit members must be available and used. NO OPEN VOTE COUNTING IS TO BE ALLOWED.
- Conduct your election in accordance with the Election to Ordeal process outlined on page 23 of the Guide for Officers and Advisers which can be found here.
If you have any questions, please reach out to our Elections Committee.